Whats on... check out our latest events and shows
Welcome to the ManPAC Autumn Calendar of Events 2018, a program of high quality arts and culture that continues to sparkle and shine as the days shorten and the nights get longer.
I write this introduction from Brisbane where I am attending the Australian Performing Arts Market, a feast of the best performance on offer from throughout Australia and very much looking forward to this Autumn 2018 Calendar, uncovering the impressive breadth and depth of artistry on offer right here on our doorstep overlooking Mandjar Bay.
My personal highlights include:
• Welcoming back Black Swan State Theatre Company with their fine production of The Lighthouse Girl by Hannie Rayson from the novel by Dianne Wolfer.
• Celebrating the award-winning production of HART, written & performed by Noongar man Ian Michael, documenting the lived experiences of Stolen Generation survivors.
• Acclaiming the artistry designed to be worn in the City of Mandurah’s annual Wearable Art Mandurah.
• Being transported by the outstanding program on offer by WASO in A Night in Vienna conducted by Asher Fisch, their celebrated Principal Conductor, that promises to sweep us away to the lilting waltzes of Strauss and Vienna!
• Applauding the jaw-dropping artistry of Sydney Dance Company’s Rafael Bonachela’s new full length work, ab[intra].
• Admiring the magical design and phenomenal performances in Barking Gecko’s Bambert’s Book of Lost Stories.
• Being surprised by David Williams Quiet Faith as he challenges our predominant view that links the Christian faith to conservatism and intolerance.
So, do look through the Calendar of Events, tag your favourites, and join us in taking an active role in MANPAC’s artful 21st year as centre for the arts for the artists, audiences and community of Mandurah and the region.