Work With Us
Mandurah Performing Arts Centre is more than a performing arts centre. It’s a hub for extraordinary, dynamic and creative ideas – a centre for the arts.
ManPAC is a national leader in the curation and presentation of quality arts and cultural experiences that are relevant to local artists, audiences and the community.
ManPAC is committed to presenting, commissioning and creating work which aspires to build a more inclusive, resilient and enlightened Mandurah community. ManPAC programs music, theatre, circus, physical theatre, dance, festivals, film, visual arts, workshops, outreach, community engagement, youth and children’s events.
Full Time Position
Mandurah Performing Arts Centre is looking for a highly motivated and hands-on Operations Manager to join their team.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day running of Mandurah Performing Arts Centre’s operations.
This full-time role provides accurate, timely and efficient assistance to the CEO and is responsible for delivering professional Box Office, Front of House, Bar, FOMPAC Volunteer and House Services for all performances and events.
Leading the event planning, delivery and executing events is a priority of this position and managing day to day administrative operations, setting operating budgets, facility maintenance and the replacing of assets are also part of this role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience within the events and venues industry at senior level in event management, customer service, venue maintenance and operations.
- Working knowledge of venue operations including venue hire bookings, ticketing, rostering, facility maintenance and budgeting skills.
- A record of achievements in leadership and innovation at a senior level, including the management of staff and v
- Strong people management and communication skills with the capacity to efficiently lead a team towards common agreed outcomes and goals.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- Be comfortable working with a high degree of responsibility, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, possessing high level of interpersonal skills and exceptional administration skills to enable ease of negotiation, collaboration and problem solving with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and responsive to perform under pressure to meet deadlines without compromising quality outcomes.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to Workplace Health And Safety procedures.
- Capacity to work evenings and weekends when required.
The Operations Manager will have a passion for venue operations combined with a high level of organisational, administrative, planning and communication skills. This position requires a reliable, efficient, honest and hard-working individual with a keen interest in the theatre environment and dedication to high quality work.
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week) and some work outside business hours (evenings and weekends) will be required. Salary will be negotiable based on skills and experience.
Download the position description HERE
To apply for this position please email a covering letter and current resume via email to:
Marlene Cream, Venue Services Manager at email@example.com
Applications close COB Friday 1 December 2023
ManPAC is looking for Casual Technicians to provide lighting, sound, audio visual and staging support to the Technical Team.
The ideal candidate must be dedicated to deliver high quality technical work and the following key skills and attributes are required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or job-related experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of theatre and events operations including the set up/pack down.
- A commitment to a high level of customer service with everyone you interact with.
- Be a team player who communicates effectively with ManPAC’s team and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and problem solve when required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently if required.
- High level of attention to detail and prepared to perform a range of tasks.
- Well-developed organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible in your approach to work and learn new skills quickly.
- Perform other duties as required include technical and facilities maintenance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekend work.
All shifts are subject to availability, ManPAC is under no obligation to offer work on a regular basis.
Salary level is dependent on experience according to the Live Performance Award.
If you have a keen interest in working in a theatre environment and are reliable, efficient, honest and hard-working, ManPAC would like to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to ManPAC’s Technical Manager, Ciaron McCormack at Ciaron.McCormack@manpac.com.au