Mandurah Performing Arts Centre is dedicated to providing a safe, welcoming space for everyone. If you would like to discuss our access and inclusion facilities, please contact our box office (08 9550 3900) prior to purchasing tickets.
Our facilities include (but are not limited to):
- Hearing Loop
- Hearing Assistance Packs
- Mobility Access ramps at front and rear entrances
- Accessible toilet
- Wheelchair accessible seating options (please request at box office when booking ticket)
- Railings along stairway in theatre
- Wide steps in the theatre which support people using a walking frame
- ACROD parking out the front of the ManPAC
- People may use Companion Card (bookings required by phone or in-person when using Campion Card).
- People with a vision impairment can request seating options to support their vision needs (please request at box office when booking ticket)
- Social story (where applicable – Please enquire for further details)
A Changing Place is a secure and clean bathroom specifically designed for people who need space and assistance to manage their bathroom needs while in the community and for whom universal access toilets are not suitable. The nearest Changing Place is located at the Mandurah Visitor Centre, 75 Mandurah Terrace. A key for these facilities can be obtained from our box office.
What is a relaxed performance?
A relaxed performance is aimed at creating a welcoming environment designed for but not limited to audiences with autism, sensory and communication needs and learning disabilities. At a relaxed performance, audiences are allowed to move around and make noise within reason when watching the performance. Conventional theatre rules are relaxed, and audiences are given permission to make themselves comfortable during the performance. Lighting and sound levels will be augmented to make the theatre experience more pleasant for audiences with sensory sensitivities. Front of House staff will also be trained to ensure they are equipped to facilitate a welcoming environment for audiences.
What can I expect?
● Theatre doors will remain open throughout the performance
● Lighting will be dimmed
● Sound will be moderated
● Pacing areas will be situated at the back of the auditorium in both the Stalls and Dress Circle
● A Quiet Area with bean bags and art materials will be available for audiences who may want to leave the auditorium to relax. The performance will be streamed live in the Quiet Area so they do not miss out on the performance.
● Audiences may exhibit comfort behaviors such as fidgeting, stimming, pacing, rocking or make noises during the performance
● Audience members are free to enter and exit the venue throughout the performance