Leading Australian outdoor painting festival Plein Air Down Under presents an exhibition of artworks by internationally acclaimed artists Herman Pekel, Lyn Diefenbach, Leon Holmes, Sue Hibbert and Val Brooks.
- Lyn Diefenbach’s paintings in pastel and oil cover a myriad of subject matter with her bold florals consistently receiving accolades nationally and internationally. Her ability to communicate her ideas has entrenched her as a respected and sought-after tutor.
- Herman Pekel is an artist of energy and enthusiasm; capable of producing award winning work in oil, watercolour or gouache. Environmental issues are a great concern to Herman and his love of the landscape reflects that in almost everything he paints.
- Leon Holmes is an international award-winning artist and known as one of the most enthusiastic and successful professionals of his trade – Plein Air Oil Painting. His artworks can reflect landscapes, seascapes and portraits, but can also contain an abstract value.
- Sue Hibbert is a multi award winning watercolour artist based in Perth. Her use of expressive washes of colour and calligraphic brushstrokes captures the flow of light and mood upon an object or landscape.
- Award winning artist Val Brooks is inspired by the quality of light and colours in the Australian landscape, especially the movement and colours of the ocean. In addition, she enjoys travelling to Europe to capture café scenes and familiar landmarks, en plein air.
“Nothing in the history of art has ever seen a movement this large, a movement that has become a lifestyle.”- Eric Rhoads, Publisher of PleinAir Magazine, USA.
Recommended Age & Warnings